Supercheap Auto 1 Day Powerplay 14th May Postponed to 18th June 2022
We know everyone has been watching the weather closely for this weekend, and of course we have been too, however upon discussions with Queensland Raceway management today, they have offered us some flexibility to postpone 1 Day Powerplay #43 until 18th June 2022.
This decision has been made due to the significant rainfall at Queensland Raceway this week, paired with construction & grounds works in the pit area that have been delayed due to the rain, which would have heavily impacted the operation of the event this Saturday. While the forecast for Saturday isn’t as bad, there are concerns for the damage to the grounds, track edges and infield areas when the grounds are extremely saturated, paired with construction and excavation taking place at the raceway which would have heavily impacted the operation of the event, specifically impacting our VIP entrants and emergency services access, Powercruise are in agreeance that in this extreme situation of multiple challenges the best course of action is to postpone.
So the 1 Day Powerplay scheduled for this Saturday 14th May at Queensland Raceway will be postponed until 18th June 2022.
All bookings, entries, garages, carports, prize winners and tickets booked for this Saturdays event will simply carry forward until 18th June 2022. You don’t need to contact us to request this, this will happen automatically. If you have any questions, please simply email our office or reply to your booking email. As this decision has been made just now, please allow us some time to work through the details and provide further updates before contacting us.
We have always prided ourselves on being a reputable and reliable promoter, delivering events when, where and how we say we would, and prior to Covid we had never cancelled or postponed a Powercruise event. As you all know Queensland Raceway has a new owner who takes great pride the presentation of the raceway, and we thank them for their flexibility and making another date available for us, so we can hopefully operate our event in more favourable conditions on the new date. Our policy moving forward will still continue to be that we run rain or shine, today’s decision has been made based on more factors than just the weather.
Gup & The Powercruise Team